Mr Geoffrey Joseph Bond
- Born: 7 Jan 1911, 50, Beresford Road, Hornsey.
- Christened: 2 Jul 1911, St Paul's Church, Harringay.
- Marriage: Kvetaslava Jenny Svehlova in Aug 1942 in Caxton Hall, London
- Died: 28 Sep 1997, North London Hospice, Finchley, London aged 86
Cause of his death was Cancer.
B. Sc. Borough Rd Teacher Training College.
Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.
Called up to RAF in 1941 as "specialist in electronics". Set up early radar stations at Dover, Cromer, etc.
At end of war in Europe, transferred to Poona in India.
Previously sent to Swansea at outbreak of WWII to look after evacuees.
Received a "long service award" for teaching in 1964: chose a film projector.
Hobbies: photography, travel, walking, astronomy, meteorology, archaeology.
At time of marriage was listed as "pilot officer/schoolmaster".
Noted events in his life were:
• Cremated, October 7th 1997, Hendon Crematorium.
• scattering of ashes, 3 Oct 1999, Whitely's Fields, Barnet. See extract from Geoff Bond junior's diary
Geoffrey married Kvetaslava Jenny Svehlova, daughter of Karel Svehla and Anna Angrova, in Aug 1942 in Caxton Hall, London. (Kvetaslava Jenny Svehlova was born on 1 May 1922 in Royal Free Hospital, Hampstead, London and died on 31 Dec 2001 in Royal Free Hospital, Hampstead, London.) The cause of her death was heart attack.